Recovering For Birmingham Consumers Harmed By Defective Drugs Or Medical Devices
Have you experienced pain and suffering or corrective surgeries related to medical devices or defective drugs? When a corporation fails to use reasonable care to properly design, manufacture, test and inspect its products, it needs to be held accountable for injuries caused by its negligence.
Our team at Montgomery Ponder, LLC, has extensive experience with medical device litigation and defective drug cases. We understand the complex legal and scientific aspects of medical device and drug litigation and work to uncover aggressive product development and marketing practices that may have caused you or a loved one harm.
We Take On Mass Tort Cases
A mass tort is a type of lawsuit that includes several victims individually filing similar lawsuits against a single defendant. Mass torts are sometimes confused with class actions, which are lawsuits where a group of victims is “classed” as one plaintiff and files a joint legal action. Defective medical devices and drugs that affect thousands or millions of victims are often the subjects of mass tort lawsuits, and our attorneys have extensive experience fighting and winning these complex cases.
Ongoing Zantac Lawsuits
On September 13, 2019, the Food and Drug Association (FDA) announced that Zantac, a common heartburn medication that was available for over two decades, contained low levels of N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), a compound known to cause cancer. While there was an immediate recall of this and similar products, millions of people throughout the U.S. took this medication for years and may have developed cancer as a result. A mass tort has been ongoing since this time, with victims throughout the country filing for compensation for injuries or the death of their loved ones. We can assess your case and help you take part in this mass tort action.
Our Current Cases And Investigations
Here are a few of the cases the attorneys at Montgomery Ponder, LLC are currently investigating:
- Allergan breast implant injuries: Various breast implants and related products manufactured by Allergan were recalled in 2019 after almost 500 unique cases of BIA-ALCL (a form of lymphoma) were attributed directly to the use of these products. While these textured implants and tissue expanders are no longer available, every woman who received these implants may still be at risk and is eligible to file a suit against Allergan.
- Hernia mesh (Ethicon Physiomesh and Atrium C-Qur Mesh): The Ethicon Physiomesh Flexible Composite Mesh and the Atrium C-Qur Mesh are products designed to repair hernias. Sadly, these two products have caused severe side effects in countless patients, necessitating the need for a revision surgery to remove the defective mesh and repair the hernia once again. Victims have suffered from bowel blockage, infections, severe pain and other complications from these products.
- ParaGard IUD injuries: ParaGard is an IUD that includes a copper wire to interrupt impregnation. It can break without warning or during removal of the IUD, potentially causing severe health issues. Some broken ParaGard IUDs have even required surgery to remove. In rare cases, the scarring and lacerations caused by a broken ParaGard have called for hysterectomies.
- Valsartan recalls: Valsartan is a popular prescription drug used to treat hypertension and other heart conditions. Valsartan products have been subject to numerous recalls because of the detection of certain amounts of NDMA, which has been classified as a probable cancerous ingredient by the International Agency for Research on Cancer.
- Zostavax shingles vaccination: Merck introduced Zostavax in May 2006 as a vaccine for the prevention of shingles among older individuals, but it has been linked to reports involving longer and more painful shingles outbreaks. Lawsuits against Merck began in 2016, and by 2018, there were thousands of pending lawsuits. As of 2019, a judge has now ordered Merck to release reports that may demonstrate the manufacturer was aware of and ignored the adverse effects, finally giving the plaintiffs the ammunition that they need to win in court.
We know that it is not always clear whether the company was negligent and whether you should pursue a case. We are always happy to have a conversation with you, free of charge, regarding what happened to you or a family member and what you can potentially do about it.
We Fight Tirelessly For Maximum Compensation
We are dedicated to ensuring that your rights are protected and that you are able to attain the compensation due you. We are here to help you. Call 205-606-6855 to speak to a member of our team today. You can also reach us via our confidential firm inquiry email.