Common Questions About Motorcycle Crashes
How Much Can You Collect After A Motorcycle Accident?
The amount of compensation you can receive following a motorcycle crash depends on several factors. Considerations include who was at fault, their insurance policy and what kind of injuries you suffered. However, accident victims are generally entitled to receive the amount of compensation that covers the extent of the damages they suffered as a result of the accident, whatever those may be.
Damages for which you can receive compensation after a motorcycle accident include:
- Past and future medical treatment: You can receive the full cost of all your accident-related medical expenses, including surgery, therapy, medications and more.
- Pain and suffering: You may also be able to receive compensation for the pain and suffering you endured, including coverage for mental anguish and conditions like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Lost wages: If you were forced to take time off work to rest and recover, you should be able to receive a percentage of the wages you lost.
- Property damage: You can be reimbursed for the cost of repairing your motorcycle or any other damaged property.
- Wrongful death: In the event that someone passes away due to a motorcycle crash, their family can receive compensation on the deceased person’s behalf. This can cover medical expenses, burial costs and more.
We will help you calculate how much money you need in order to make as comprehensive of a recovery as possible. As attorneys who understand what it takes to prove negligence in motor vehicle accidents, we know what your case is worth and always pursue the maximum compensation, even if that means going to trial.
Why Hire A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
It is imperative that you understand your legal rights. A lawyer can answer all your questions and help you decide whether filing a lawsuit is the right choice for you. Working with an experienced personal injury attorney greatly increases the amount of compensation you can receive in a motorcycle accident settlement should you choose to file a claim.
We are very familiar with Birmingham laws and accident litigation. We will help you fill out the necessary paperwork correctly and on time, investigate the accident scene to establish liability and convincingly argue your case. This is especially helpful if you’re recovering from painful injuries.